If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy flavorful weeknight meal! With coconut milk, red curry paste, shallots, brown sugar, fish sauce, broccoli and beef. —Holly
- 12 ounces broccoli florets (1 1/2 inch florets) - one medium sized head of broccoli
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil, or olive oil
- 1 pound beef tenderloin trimmed of any fat (about 2 small filet steaks)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger (or substitute with 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 14 ounces lite coconut milk, stirred thoroughly (one 13.5-oz can)
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- steamed Jasmine rice, for serving
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped or torn
- 4 lime wedges, for serving
- Steam broccoli on stove-top for approx 13-15 minutes. Avoid overcooking!
- While steaming broccoli, slice the shallots, and prepare the beef.
- Slice the filet against the grain, very thinly, to create delicate strips about 1/4 inch thick. Lay them flat on a cutting board, cover with plastic wrap, and gently flatten them with a meat tenderizer. (Be very careful when flattening the meat; I literally only pound each section of each piece one time. This ensures a wonderfully tender experience in every bite.) Season the beef slices with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the beef in oil in a large sauce pan for about 45 seconds per side. Then transfer to a plate while you continue to cook the rest of the beef in batches. Next add in shallots, sauté for 2-3 minutes, then add ginger for another minute.
- Stir in red curry paste and continue to cook for about one more minute. Add in fish sauce, brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, and coconut milk, and let it simmer until it thickens up - about 4-5 minutes.
- Add your beef and broccoli back into the pan to heat up and serve!