If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Super-quick, loaded w/ nutritional goodness, & absolutely delish! Kale, dried cranberries, OJ, orange zest, & almonds. —Holly
For The Salad:
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch of kale, washed, stems removed, torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- zest from one orange
For The Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place almonds on small baking sheet and toast at 350 until slightly browned, about 3-5 minutes (watch them closely so they don't burn!). Meanwhile, zest the orange, rinse, dry, and tear the kale into 2-inch pieces.
- Juice the orange into a small bowl or salad dressing shaker, then add the other dressing ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- In a large serving bowl, combine kale, almonds, and cranberries. Toss with the salad dressing until well-coated
- Finish the salad with orange zest and serve.