If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A refreshing and nutritious go-to summer salad with mixed greens, toppings and grilled chicken with balsamic dressing. —VibrantPlate
- 2 cups cups fresh mixed greens
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon canned corn
- 50 grams grilled chicken (breasts / file)
- 1 slice stale bread
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- First things first. If you are not using a pre-grilled chicked file, then first season your chicken and put it in a hot pan to grill on both sides for a couple of minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool, then cut into smaller bites.
- Cut the stale bread slice into cubes and put into the pan to toast for a couple of minutes. When toasted, set aside to cool.
- Wash and drain the mixed greens. Use any kind of lettuce you like, or a mixture of it.
- Peel and slice the cucumber. Wash and slice your bell pepper (I had a light-green variety in my garden). Peel the carrot and cut into thin slices (or grate it). Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- For the dressing, pour in a bowl or small jar olive oil and balsamic vinegar (1:3 ratio), add a squeeze of lemon juice or water, a small pinch of salt and some pepper. Mix well with a whisk or shake in a jar until well combined.
- Assemble your salad. In a bowl, place your washed salad greens, cucumber and bell pepper slices, halved cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks and a tablespoon of canned corn. Add chicken bites and bread crutons.
- Top the salad with some shaved parmesan cheese and the balsamic dressing.