If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sauteed Carrots & Brussels Sprouts are a perfect side dish to any grilled main! Perfect for Labor Day! —mtlabor
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, chopped
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add shallots and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in carrots, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat well. Pour in chicken broth and bring mixture to a boil. Cover pan and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for about 7-10 minutes, or until carrots are barely tender.
- Increase the heat back to medium high and add in brussels sprouts. Cook, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, or until the brussels sprouts are starting to soften, but still crisp, and liquid is almost entirely absorbed.
- Serve as a side dish to any grilled, roasted, or pan-seared item! So practically anything! Enjoy the holiday!