Author Notes: Grilled Veggies Tortilla Wraps with grilled zucchini and peppers, purple cabbage and salad. Super easy to make! —VibrantPlate
small tortillas or 2 large ones
red bell peppers
cup shredded lettuce
cup shredded cabbage
In This Recipe
- Peel and thinly slice your red onion. White onion works as well.
- Wash and cut lettuce and cabbage into shreds. Use red cabbage for color contrast and nutrient diversity. Regular cabbage works as well.
- Wash zucchini and bell peppers. Cut zucchinis into round slices and peppers intro strips. Put in a bowl, sprinkle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a pan, heat a bit of olive oil to medium, then add in the zucchini slices and grill on both sides for a couple of minutes, until softened. Do not crowd the zucchini slices, but make sure each slice fits in the pan. If your pan is not large enough, grill in a few batches.
- Do the same with bell peppers - these can crowd a bit, so you can do it in one batch, but make sure to stir them regularly. When grilled and softened, remove from pan.
- Now clean your pan (or use another one), heat it up again, but do not put any oil in it. When heated, place a tortilla inside and heat on either side for a minute or two. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Assemble your wraps. Take a tortilla, spread some cream cheese on it, then top with grilled zucchini slices and bell pepper strips, a bit of red onion and a handful of shredded lettuce and cabbage, each. Top with a small scoop of sour cream, and wrap.
- If you are using small tortillas, serve 1-2 per person, if a large one, 1 will probably be more than enough.