If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Full of flavor & healthy goodness! With kale, sun-dried tomatoes, spicy chicken sausage, mushrooms, & feta. —Holly
Makes 12 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound hot chicken sausage (or sweet if preferred)
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- cooking spray
- 12-cup muffin pan
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute, or 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add olive oil, then saute onion for 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute one additional minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Then add chicken sausage, and cook 6 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Break the sausage up into small pieces. Add sun-dried tomatoes and incorporate fully.
- Add kale and cook about 2 minutes, until it wilts slightly.
- Turn off heat then stir in feta
- Spray muffin pan, then add ingredients evenly to each muffin cup.
- Pour equal amount of egg into each cup, filling to just below the rim.
- Bake until the eggs have set, about 25-30 minutes. *Note: can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.