Author Notes: Full of flavor & healthy goodness! With kale, sun-dried tomatoes, spicy chicken sausage, mushrooms, & feta. —Holly
Makes: 12 cups
tablespoon olive oil
medium onion, finely chopped
cloves garlic, minced
ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
pound hot chicken sausage (or sweet if preferred)
ounces sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
cups chopped kale
ounces feta cheese, crumbled
12-cup muffin pan
cups egg substitute, or 6 eggs
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add olive oil, then saute onion for 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute one additional minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Then add chicken sausage, and cook 6 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Break the sausage up into small pieces. Add sun-dried tomatoes and incorporate fully.
- Add kale and cook about 2 minutes, until it wilts slightly.
- Turn off heat then stir in feta
- Spray muffin pan, then add ingredients evenly to each muffin cup.
- Pour equal amount of egg into each cup, filling to just below the rim.
- Bake until the eggs have set, about 25-30 minutes. *Note: can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.