If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chinese dumplings have many styles: steamed, boiled, and fried. “Guotie” dumplings are slightly different than traditonal dumplings, I would like to say these dumplings have been dressed up because they are all stuck to the pot by a layer of golden, crispy cornstarch flakes. “Guotie” is the pretty cusion of dumplings… It is not fried dumpling or pot sticker,it is guotie!
KEY OF MAKING THIS DISH:
1. put dumplings tight
2. heat control
3.conrtach mix —My Nomadic Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (mix with 1cup water )
- 1 cup water
- 12-15 dumplings (fresh or frozen)
- Using 10 inch skillet, oil in the pan , fry bottom of dumplings until gold brown
- Add 1 cup water ( depends on your skillet size, water should be cover half of dumplings ) , medium heat and cover the skillet, cook the dumplings till water almost gone
- Add cornstarch，(make sure no lumps in the mix), let they simmer till the edge start peel of away from the pan. This part is easy to burn, so watch it!
- When they are done , press a plate against the dumplings and flip over. Be careful that there is no hot oil left in the pan before flipping over the skillet.