Author Notes: Easy slow cooker side dishes are like gold. Get ready for this low-carb Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash recipe to become a new favorite! —Paige
small (1-2 pound) spaghetti squash
tablespoons unsalted butter
cloves garlic, minced
cup heavy cream
cup freshly grated parmesan
chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
salt and pepper to taste
In This Recipe
- Carefully pierce your spaghetti squash with a sharp knife 6-8 times all around. Place it in the bowl of your slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Once the squash is tender, remove from the slow cooker and allow to cool slightly. Once you can safely handle it, slice lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Using a fork, scrape the flesh to create long strands.
- Return the flesh to the slow cooker and turn it on low. Add cream, garlic, and butter and stir to combine. Continue to cook on low, stirring occasionally, until thickened and creamy.
- Add Parmesan and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper appropriately.
- Serve immediately topped with additional Parmesan and chopped parsley.