If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick, easy, fall side dish. It hits all the right notes - caramelized bits on the squash, crispy pork, creamy bright creme fraiche, and the crunch of of sage. It's like a loaded baked potato's more sophisticated cousin. —WildLones
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pound Pancetta, diced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Creme fraiche
- 1 bunch Sage leaves
- Olive oil
- Toss butternut squash and pancetta with 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 c olive oil in a small skillet over medium high heat till almost smoking. Fry 3-4 sage leaves at a time in the oil for about five seconds. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with a little kosher salt
- Top the squash and pancetta with creme fraiche and a couple of crispy sage leaves.