If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With sautéed onions, fresh ginger, garlic, sesame oil, ground beef & pork... layered w/spicy Asian slaw. —Holly
Makes 24 mini tacos
For The Tacos:
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce (or Tamari)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Gochujang Korean chili sauce (or use Sriracha or Chili Garlic Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 24 mini-taco boats
- 2 green onions, sliced for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic and ginger with the ground pork and beef. Set aside.
- Sauté onions in 1 tablespoon canola oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, salt & pepper, Gochujang, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, and pepper flakes to the onions and stir.
- Add the meat mixture, and cook thoroughly, breaking up meat with a spoon. Cook about 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wrap taco boats in foil and heat in oven for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of meat to each mini boat and top with Spicy Asian Slaw. Garnish with green onions, lime wedges and toasted Sesame seeds.
For The Slaw:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Gochujang
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces shredded carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 jalapeño peppers, julienned (remove seeds and veins)
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced on the angle
- In a large bowl, make the slaw dressing by whisking together the first eight ingredients (rice vinegar, Gochujang, brown sugar, mustard, olive oil, salt, pepper, sesame oil, & soy sauce)
- Add cabbage, carrots, onions, jalapeños, and ginger, then toss to combine with the dressing.
- ** NOTE: The slaw ingredients like carrots and cabbage can be purchased already shredded at most grocery stores. Although it's slightly more expensive, it can be worth it if you're looking to save time. Likewise, grating fresh ginger can be cumbersome. You can also purchase grated ginger as another time-saver for this recipe