If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: chocolate and vino come together for a sweet Valentine's treat —AnnieCate
cup red wine
cup mini vegan chocolate chips
tablespoon cocoa powder
tablespoon coconut oil
- Place the dates and the red wine in a small saucepan. Warm the wine till it's just hot to the touch and then turn off heat. Allow dates to soak for 20 minutes.
- Puree the dates together with the red wine until smooth. Stir in the cocoa powder. Allow the mix to cool.
- While the mix is cooling, temper to chocolate chips together with the coconut oil. Pour over the the interior walls of the chocolate mold, coating every crevice. You may need to pour the chocolate back out and pour it in again to make sure all surfaces are covered. You will still have chocolate left over to pour over the bottom of the chocolates.
- Allow chocolate to harden. I did this in my freezer, but be warned...this might cause white spots to appear on your chocolate. It didn't happen to me.
- Scoop the date-wine filling into a piping bag or a zip-seal bag. Cut the tip off and pipe into the prepared molds.
- Allow the filling to firm up a little bit in the fridge.
- Pour the remaining chocolate over the bottom of the molds, scraping with a spatula to coat completely. Allow to harden again. Enjoy