Author Notes: Gingerbread Cookies will infuse your home with the smell of Christmas. Just a couple of ingredients and a couple of minutes to make! —VibrantPlate
grams all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
tablespoons gingerbread spices
teaspoon cacao powder
grams butter (room temperature)
egg (free range)
- Combine flour and baking soda, add gingerbread spices and cacao powder. Mix well.
- Cut room-temperature butter into small chunks and place in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar and honey and mix with a mixer until well-combined and fluffy. Mix in an egg and combine well.
- Preheat oven to 170°C / 340°F.
- After 30 minutes take dough out of the fridge and roll out to about 0.5 cm thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out desired cookie shapes (I used a 10 cm gingerbread girl cookie cutter). Place cookies onto a baking tray covered with baking paper. Repeat until you've used up all your cookie dough.
- Place baking tray in preheated oven and bake at 170°C / 340°F for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies turn golden brown. Remove from oven and place cookies on a cooling rack to cool.
- When the cookies are cooled down, decorate with sugar icing.