If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Gingerbread Cookies will infuse your home with the smell of Christmas. Just a couple of ingredients and a couple of minutes to make! —VibrantPlate
grams all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
tablespoons gingerbread spices
teaspoon cacao powder
grams butter (room temperature)
egg (free range)
- Combine flour and baking soda, add gingerbread spices and cacao powder. Mix well.
- Cut room-temperature butter into small chunks and place in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar and honey and mix with a mixer until well-combined and fluffy. Mix in an egg and combine well.
- Preheat oven to 170°C / 340°F.
- After 30 minutes take dough out of the fridge and roll out to about 0.5 cm thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out desired cookie shapes (I used a 10 cm gingerbread girl cookie cutter). Place cookies onto a baking tray covered with baking paper. Repeat until you've used up all your cookie dough.
- Place baking tray in preheated oven and bake at 170°C / 340°F for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies turn golden brown. Remove from oven and place cookies on a cooling rack to cool.
- When the cookies are cooled down, decorate with sugar icing.