If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For lovers of brassica salads, here's another one. This is one of my favorite winter salads. I think that even a Brussels sprout hater could get behind this shaved Brussels sprout and kale salad with maple-mustard dressing. I like this just the way it is but you could add bacon or chicken or both and make it more of a meal. It also travels well. And, because it is best eaten at room temperature, it’s a great option for those times when you have to bring something. —Michelle Barry
- 2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups Kale cut into shreds
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or blue cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1/2 shallot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add dressing ingredients to a mason jar or salad dressing shaker, close the lid and shake vigorously. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- A few minutes before you plan on eating, Add dressing little by little to salad bowl, making sure not to overdress the leaves.