If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Low carb, big flavor, gluten-free eating! W/Andouille chicken sausage, rock shrimp, & Cajun spices. (If you're making this on game day you can chop the veggies the day before to save some time!) —Holly
Makes 16 lettuce wraps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (more if desired)
- 7 ounces canned petite diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces al fresco all natural Smoked Andouille Chicken Sausage
- 1 pound fresh rock shrimp or small shrimp (50-60 count per pound)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 heads Boston bibb lettuce
- garnish with chopped green onions, and parsley
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, red pepper, celery, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce, then sauté for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the rock shrimp, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, thyme, and set aside.
- Stir the fresh minced garlic into the veggies in the sauté pan, and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add Andouille Sausage and diced tomatoes and bring to a simmer, then add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Spoon two tablespoons of the sausage and shrimp mixture into each piece of lettuce, and sprinkle with green onions and parsley.