If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An Easy Chicken Curry is all you need on a gloomy winter day. Pair with plain fluffy rice and some sour cream for a perfect easy meal. —VibrantPlate
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 chicken breast
- curry spice mix
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 200 milliliters stock, chicken or vegetable
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 100 grams long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash and dry chicken meat, then cut into cubes. Season the meat with salt, pepper and curry spices. Peel and finely chop onion and garlic cloves.
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Add chicken cubes and fry, stirring regularly, until the meat browns and is cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan, without cleaning it, add chopped onion and fry, stirring regularly, until the onion becomes translucent and gently browned. Add garlic and corn starch, then pour in stock and mix well. Return chicken to the pot and let it simmer gently until the sauce thickens. Add 1 tbs of curry spices and combine well. About 5-10 minutes before the curry is done, add frozen peas and mix it in well. Cover the pan and cook until the peas are done, but not overcooked.
- While the curry is cooking, add a tbs of olive oil into a different pot and heat it up. Then, add rice, stir in well and pour in water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook on low until the rice is cooked, about 15-18 minutes. When the rice is cooked, drain any excess water and run your fork through the rice to loosen it up.
- Assemble your dish. Place rice on plate, add chicken curry sauce and a spoon of sour cream, top with roughly chopped fresh parsley and, if needed, season with salt and pepper to taste.