If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This mediterranean-inspired salad combines spinach, roasted chickpeas, roasted red peppers, cucumbers, walnuts, and feta cheese. A delicious and simple balsamic vinaigrette is then drizzled atop for the final touch. —Kim Suddeath
For the Roasted Chickpeas and Salad
- 13.5 ounces can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup deli-sliced roasted red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch dried minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (F).
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, then spread them on a rimmed baking sheet. Add the spices (smoked paprika, coriander, cinnamon) and oil. Toss to combine.
- Roast chickpeas at 350 F for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until chickpeas are browned and crisp but not burnt. Set aside and allow chickpeas to cool.
- Meanwhile, toast walnuts over the stove top. Place them in a skillet over medium heat and toast until fragrant (takes only a few minutes). Let cool on a plate.
- To prepare the balsamic dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine (you can also add dressing ingredients to a small jar with lid and shake to combine).
- To assemble the salad, place spinach leaves on a plate and top with roasted chickpeas, roasted red bell peppers, sliced cucumbers, sliced red onions, crumbled feta cheese, and toasted walnuts.
- Top with homemade balsamic dressing right before eating.