If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love a good frittata... This one is slightly heartier and extra flavorful with its sweet potato hash crust and chili garlic sauce! It also has a nice creamy texture with the addition of goat cheese. Vegetarian and gluten-free too! —appetitesanonymous
Makes 8 slices
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (garnish)
- Preheat oven 425F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, chili garlic sauce, coconut milk plus a dash or two of sea salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet (that you have the lid to) over medium heat, add diced sweet potatoes, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, and a dash of sea salt then stir coat. Cook the sweet potatoes for about 15 minutes or until they are tender.
- Top the cooked sweet potatoes with chopped baby spinach and sliced green onions, cover pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Remove lid, reduce heat to low then pour egg mixture from step two over contents in the skillet. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese on top of the eggs.
- Place skillet in the oven and cook for about 14-18 minutes (or until you can shake the pan and the middle eggs are barely set).
- Remove frittata from the oven, let sit for a few minutes before slicing. top with cilantro then eat!