If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: easy peasy vegan pad thai. full of flavor....and paleo too, I think. —AnnieCate
the noodle part
- 2 big sweet potatoes (about 2 1/2 lb total)
- 2 10 oz packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small purple cabbage (just under a pound), shredde
- 1 scant cup cilantro
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- handfuls goji berries or dried cranberries, optional
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sriracha
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2-3 teaspoons microplane grated garlic
- 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- salt to taste
- Spiralize the sweet potatoes on the thinnest setting.
- Boil the sweet potato noodles for 2-3 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- Toss the noodles with the cabbage, spinach, bell pepper, cilantro, jalapeno, and cashews. Top with cranberries or goji berries if using.
- Combine the hot water, the pumpkin, the peanut butter, the sriracha, the lime juice, the garlic, the syrup, ad the crushed red pepper. Stir till uniform and smooth.
- To serve, divide among plates and spoon sauce over as desired.