If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious Spinach & Zucchini Pizza is made with spelt flour, ham, zucchini and spinach for a healthier pizza option. —VibrantPlate
- 250 grams spelt flour
- 200 milliliters luke-warm water
- 5 grams dry yeast
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 100 grams ham
- 1 medium-size zucchini
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Prepare the dough: add luke-warm water to dry yeast and add a teaspoon of flour. Mix well, cover with a cloth and let rise for about 10 minutes. In a separate bowl, place flour and a pinch of salt. When the yeast rises, add it to the flour. Add olive oil and combine well with a fork, then proceed to kneading the dough by hand for about 10 minutes, until the dough is smooth and flexible. Cover with a cloth and let rise for an hour.
- After an hour, knead out the dough and divide into 2 pieces. Roll each dough piece out into a pizza shape (round, rectangle or free-style).
- Cover baking tray with baking paper to prevent sticking. Preheat oven to 220°C / 428°F. Place pizza dough on baking tray. Spread tomato sauce onto the dough, then top the pizza with ham, sliced zucchini, spinach leaves, grated cheese, and mozzarella.
- Place pizza in preheated oven and bake for about 12-16 minutes, or until the pizza dough is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve hot.