Author Notes: No-bake gluten-free treats with oats, almonds, dates, maple syrup, vanilla extract and freeze-dried strawberries. —Holly
Makes: 18 bites
cup quick oats
ounces pitted dates
cups freeze-dried strawberries
tablespoons maple syrup
teaspoon vanilla extract
In This Recipe
- Blend almonds in food processor until they look like crumbs.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of processed almonds, then add oats, dates, 1 cup strawberries, maple syrup, & vanilla extract to food processor and blend until mixture is well-blended, but not coming together in a clump.
- Add the remaining strawberries and water, then pulse until mixture comes together. You should be able to squeeze it and form balls; if mixture seems dry add a little more water and blend.
- Form into 1-inch balls and roll in the remaining almond crumbs.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 1 week.