Author Notes: This recipe was perfected over a summer of cook outs with friends. We honestly went thru hundreds and hundreds of wings over the past few months. I knew I nailed the recipe the day Jeff and I didn't get a single one to eat because everyone else scarfed them down and barely talked while eating. —HeCooksSheCooks
lemons zested and juiced
tablespoons peanut oil
cloves of garlic, minced
sprigs of rosemary, minced
teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 - 1
teaspoons cayenne powder (to taste)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients and mash well to incorporate flavors.
- In a separate bowl, combine the last three ingredients and set aside.
- Place wings in a large (gallon sized perhaps) zip lockable bag. Pour in the lemon juice mixture and seal bag. Shake, massage, toss, manhandle, knock about, thwack and/or roughhouse that chicken to get it all evenly coated. Push the air out of the bad and reseal. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove wings from fridge and bag and lay out on a baking pan. Sprinkle the 2nd mixture over the wings, turning to coat evenly. Cover and return to refrigerator for a minimum of one hour. Remove 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- No Grill? Just roast in your oven! 350° for 30-45 minutes will do the trick. If you want them flame kissed, put em under the broiler for a few minutes when they are 95% done.