If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is full packed with great flavors and super comforting. Roasting veggies has become quite of an addiction for me so instead of just cooking those carrots, I wanted to get that oven baked flavor with them.
I used Harissa as a powder for those carrots but I am sure the paste will be just as fine. In case the soup gets too thick after blending it, you can add some more water or almond milk. —voilavegan
for the soup
- 1000 grams 1kg carrots, cut into small cubes
- 2 pieces garlic, minced
- 2 pieces onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1,5 tablespoons harissa powder
- 2 tablespoons tahin
- 300 milliliters almond milk
- 800 milliliters veggie stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
For the chickpeas
- 200 grams chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220 Celsius
- Add carrot cubes to a bowl and mix together with 1 tbsp olive oil, harissa and salt.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper, place carrots on it and bake for 25-30 minutes until carrots are soft.
- In a medium pot heat up 1 tbsp olive oil and fry onions until translucent. Add garlic, carrots, tahin and tomato paste now and fry while stiring through for a a few seconds.
- Pour veggie stock and almond milk, stir for a minute and put lid on. Cook on medium high heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix chickpeas with olive oil, paprika and salt in a bowl together and bake in the oven until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove lid and use an immerson blender to blend the soup. You want all carrots to be pureed.
- If the soup is too thick you might want to add some more water.
- Top with a little more tahin, chickpeas and optional some chopped parsley.