If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Simple Pasta with Garlic and Oil is a classic that is perfect by itself or as the base to other recipes and dishes. —Economical Chef
tablespoons Olive oil
- Bring salted pasta water to boil
- Add your pasta to the water and cook for 2 minutes less than the package designates
- While the pasta is cooking, add your olive oil to a large frying pan over medium heat
- Finely chop your garlic (and shallot if you are using it)
- Add your garlic and other optional ingredients (shallot, red pepper) to the oil and cook until the garlic turns light brown (a few minutes)
- Remove your oil and ingredients from the heat until the pasta is done cooking
- Add your cooked pasta to the frying pan with 1 tbsp of pasta water
- Mix together for a couple minutes. Add your parmesan cheese and other pasta add-ins at this time if you wish.
- Plate and enjoy!
More Great Recipes: