Author Notes: Oh my, these wings are like no other wing around. I got to thinking about how I often stuff herbs under the skin of chicken breasts and so why not a wing! The flavors really burst on many levels! —JennT1981
pounds chicken wings
cloves, garlic, minced and pasted
cup fresh basil,
tablespoon olive oil
cup fresh orange juice
teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor combine garlic and basil and pulse until resembles a paste.
- Begin stuffing the mixture evenly under the skin of each wing and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes, until crisp and juices run clear.
- In the meantime combine olive oil, orange juice, honey, balsamic vinegar and salt in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for flavors to meld and sauce reduces slightly.
- Using a pastry brush, glaze wings 15 minutes into cooking time and each 15 minutes after that until done.
- Watch wings carefully to prevent them from burning.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Wings