Author Notes: his recipe is simply delicious, healthy and fun to make!
The rosemary stems replace regular skewers for a beautiful presentation while adding another layer of flavor to the dish. Just skewer chicken skewers with a couple of veggies, bake and voila! A healthy meal awaits. —Basil and Roses
pounds chicken breast
juice of 1 lemon
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
cups grape or cherry tomatoes
medium red onion
salt + pepper to taste
- Pull off 2/3 pull most of the Rosemary leaves from the stem. Reserve 1-2 inches of leaves at the tip of each stem. These are your gorgeous skewers.
- Cut chicken into 2 inch cubes
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, chopped rosemary, chopped garlic, salt, peter to create marinate and pour over chicken. Marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Skewer the chicken chunks onto rosemary skewers, alternating with grape tomato and red onion. The rosemary stalk will easily pierce into the chicken and vegetables.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake in oven for approximately 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve on it's own, with rice or quinoa or on top of a salad. Enjoy!