If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Eggs are a great healthy, tasty and filling way to start the day. There are many iterations with healthy veggies and herbs to give a basic omelette a daily face lift and maintain variety. Here is one with the super food Turmeric! —Basil and Roses
brown cage free/antibiotic free eggs
tablespoons olive oil
small white onion, chopped
cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
sriracha, salt + pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil to medium high
- Saute onion until transparent
- Add scallion, red chili flakes, mushroom, and turmeric
- salt + pepper to taste
- Once veggies are cooked, create 2 holes in mixture
- crack entire egg in hole in mixture
- Move veggies and egg white around gently with spatula to cook (leaving yolk slightly runny).
- Drizzle with Sriracha for an extra kick (optional)
- Serve and enjoy with tasted whole wheat pita!