Author Notes: Eggs are a great healthy, tasty and filling way to start the day. There are many iterations with healthy veggies and herbs to give a basic omelette a daily face lift and maintain variety. Here is one with the super food Turmeric! —Basil and Roses
brown cage free/antibiotic free eggs
tablespoons olive oil
small white onion, chopped
cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
sriracha, salt + pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil to medium high
- Saute onion until transparent
- Add scallion, red chili flakes, mushroom, and turmeric
- salt + pepper to taste
- Once veggies are cooked, create 2 holes in mixture
- crack entire egg in hole in mixture
- Move veggies and egg white around gently with spatula to cook (leaving yolk slightly runny).
- Drizzle with Sriracha for an extra kick (optional)
- Serve and enjoy with tasted whole wheat pita!