If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple sweet-savory side dish. —Jessica
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 head (1 to 1 1/4 pounds) cauliflower (if you have a smaller head, scale down the other ingredients)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 pitted dates
- 6 slices prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cut cauliflower into 2-inch florets. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put cauliflower in the oven and roast for 15 minutes, until starting to soften.
- While cauliflower is cooking, slice dates into thin pieces. Slice prosciutto into ribbons.
- After 15 minutes, take cauliflower out of the oven, stir, and add the date pieces and prosciutto ribbons.
- Continue to roast cauliflower for another 15 to 20 minutes, until golden. [Editors' note: Be sure to check after 15 minutes to make sure that the dates are not burning. Ours took about 17 minutes to get toasty and caramelized.]
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates