Makes: 18 truffles
cup pitted medjool dates (soaked in water for 10 minutes then drained)
cup peanut butter
cup raw salted cashews + extra for topping
cup mini pretzel twists (chopped) + extra for topping
cups dark chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
teaspoon coconut oil
In This Recipe
- Place the cashews in a food processor and pulse until only small bits remain. Add pretzels to the processor and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Transfer the cashew/pretzel mixture from the processor to a new bowl and set aside.
- Add pitted, soaked dates to the food processor and pulse until small bits remain.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the date bits/chunks and peanut butter until well combined. Stir in the cashew/pretzel mixture in small increments until a dough is formed that can be easily rolled into balls.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon amounts of dough and roll into balls then place balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once all the dough is rolled into balls, place the baking sheet in the freezer to chill.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler then add in coconut oil to help thin out the chocolate.
- Remove the balls from the freezer and one at a time, carefully dip the balls into the chocolate and coat using two spoons. Place the chocolate coated truffle back on the parchment paper then top with crushed cashews, chopped pretzels and sea salt.
- Once all the truffles are covered in chocolate and toppings, place the baking sheet back in the freezer for the truffles to harden. Wait for the truffles to set... then EAT YOUR HEART OUT.