If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ll be honest:
When, over a year ago, a young coworker emailed me an unsolicited recipe for what she called “amazing lemon pepper wings” I thought Girl, I’ve been making amazing chicken wings before you were born. There’s nothing new you could teach me about tasty, crispy wings. I’m a food blogger, after all. So, I cordially thanked her and tucked the recipe away.I forgot all about it until the other day. —All that's Jas
Makes 24 wingettes
- 1 dozen chicken wings
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like it SPICY)
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 4 tablespoons oil
- juice of one small lemon
- Cut apart chicken wings at the joint. Toss and marinate the wings with all other ingredients for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven on 550 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes prior to placing wings in the oven on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes turning once after 20 minutes to crisp on each side. Finish with a sprinkle of lemon pepper seasoning if you desire.