If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This big bowl of goodness hits all the right notes for me. It is packed with vibrant flavors and colors, and abounds with the healthiest ingredients. I also love its versatility; you can enjoy for a main course or serve as a smaller portion as a side (I think it'd be fabulous with salmon!). I've tossed it on top of a bed of arugula and feta, which makes for a lovely salad. You could also serve it warm with a scoop of Greek yogurt and lemon. Heck, make it an even heartier dish and toss in some roasted chicken too! The possibilities are endless. —Elizabeth Stoltz
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup fresh mint, julienned
- arils of 1 pomegranate
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. On a baking sheet, spread cauliflower florets and toss with 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus a generous pinch of kosher salt and crack of freshly ground black pepper. Put baking sheet in oven and roast for 25 minutes. Carefully remove from oven to toss cauliflower, then cook for 25 minutes more. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a small sauce pan, warm 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add in diced onion. Sauté for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in stock and bring to boil. Stir in turmeric, garlic powder, couscous and kosher salt and pepper to taste. Immediately remove from heat and cover tightly with lid. Let rest for at least 10 minutes, or until the stock is fully absorbed. Fluff couscous with fork. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, toss roasted cauliflower, couscous, golden raisins, mint and pomegranate. Add kosher salt and pepper to taste.