If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In this vegan salad the bitterness of the radicchio is counterbalanced nicely with the sweetness of the butternut squash and the dates. —Tina Jeffers
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head radicchio, quartered lengthwise, with the stems still attached
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandoline shave the squash into thin ribbons and add to a mixing bowl, you should have about 6 cups.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and still well to combine.
- Add two tablespoons of the vinaigrette to the shaved squash and toss lightly to coat.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and spray lightly with cooking spray or olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Add the radicchio to a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Grill the radicchio for 2 minutes on each side or until the vegetables begin to wilt.
- Combine the radicchio with the squash and add the chopped hazelnuts, dates and mint and toss gently to combine. Taste and add additional salt, pepper or lemon juice if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates