If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There is a restaurant up the street from me that every fall puts this roasted cauliflower dish on their menu. A friend of mine after visiting Atlanta and dining here with me has added it to her Thanksgiving table every year since. —Summer of Eggplant
Serves 4-6 as a side
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and broken in to medium florets
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, chopped (roughly 2-3 large dates)
- 1/4 cup rosemary, chopped
- salt + pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and blanch cauliflower for 2-3 minutes. Drain and pat dry well.
- Preheat the oven to 450. In a mixing bowl combine cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, dates and rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a cast iron or oven proof skillet in warm oven for 5-7 minutes. Remove and coat with remaining olive oil, swirl to coat. Add in cauliflower mixture and roast for roughly 8 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and "de-glaze" so to speak with lemon juice, adjust salt and pepper. Serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates