If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This vegan salad is bright and fresh thanks to the addition of kumquats. To shred the Brussels sprouts cut them in half and then finely slice them with a sharp knife. —Tina Jeffers
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 bunch lacing kale, ribs and stem removed and thinly sliced into ribbons
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 5 Medjool Dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 10 kumquats, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- Whisk together the apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the kale and Brussels sprouts to the dressing and using your fingers massage the kale for a minute or so to soften it slightly.
- Add the dates, mint, hazelnuts and kumquats and toss to combine. Taste for salt and pepper and serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates