If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a sweet and savory version of a rice pilaf. Instead of cooking the rice in regular old stock, I am using coconut milk. I got that idea from a recipe off the Sun Maid website. You will want to stir the coconut milk before measuring since it gets separated in the can.
—Liz | inspired by the seasons
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Medium size onion, chopped
- 4 Pitted dates, sliced
- 1/4 cup Roasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Place rice in a mesh strainer and rinse until water runs clear.
- Heat olive oil in a 4 quart pan. Add onions and cook 4 minutes until translucent. Add ginger and cook an additional 2 minutes
- Stir in rice and cook until rice starts to smell toasty, about 4 minutes, You will want to stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Pour in coconut milk and water, stir until they combine with the rice and bring to a boil.
- Drop in dates and reduce heat to simmer. Cover pot and continue to simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand an additional 3 minutes. Fluff with a fork and top with pistachios before serving
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates