If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: hanging your diet to be one that is gluten-free, vegan and mostly refined sugar free when you have one helluva sweet tooth is one crazy thing to do. I didn’t know how to reward myself for what felt like the longest time (OK, turns out it wasn’t that long).
But one day, I discovered raw desserts and boy, am I glad I did.
Yes, it’s a raw cheesecake as in uncooked, but stay with me ’cause this is not like the cheesecake you know, it’s SO much better (as well as being SO much better for you than regular cheesecake). I usually turn up to family gatherings with this bad boy in tow and let me tell you, this gluten-free vegan raw raspberry cheesecake is a crowd pleaser.
If you’re familiar with raw desserts and cringe at the thought of the long list of ingredients that usually accompanies them, don’t fret, I have you covered. This one won’t have you traipsing all over town to find a long list of unfamiliar ingredients. In fact, you’ll be able to get everything from your local supermarket. I’m good like that. —Alannah | Kale Mary
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 5 medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 5 mins
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 4-8 hours
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut water or 1/2 cup filtered water with 1 tbsp coconut water powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Grated dark chocolate (optional), to serve
- Grated lemon zest (optional), to serve
- Shredded fresh mint (optional), to serve
- To start, blend walnuts and hazelnuts with the dates in a food processor until nuts are small pieces and binded together by the dates.
- Press the mixture into the base of a cake tin or mould that you would like the cake to set in. Try to make it as even as possible, then pop it in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Add cashews, water, coconut water, maple syrup, lemon juice, coconut oil and vanilla to a high-powered blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour into a bowl and gently fold in the raspberries.
- Remove base from freezer and pour cashew filling on top, spreading it out evenly.
- Pop the cheesecake in the freezer for 4-6 hours. Refrigerate for one hour before garnishing with chocolate, lemon zest and mint, then serve.