If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here’s one of the Community CookShop’s (slightly modified) recipes. It’s not groundbreaking or experimental. But it’s healthy and available in most bodegas. The original recipe uses fresh green beans but celery works just as well for that added crunch. —Mario Batali
celery, 1 head or about 10 ribs (you can substitute canned hominy or canned white beans)
kidney beans 1 15-ounce can, rinsed
chickpeas 1 15-ounce can, rinsed
cup balsamic vinegar
teaspoon black pepper
cup olive oil
- Trim ends of celery and thinly slice the stalks.
- Open cans of kidney beans and chickpeas. Pour into a colander and rinse thoroughly.
- For dressing, in a small mixing bowl, measure and add balsamic vinegar, water, salt, black pepper and olive oil. Whisk briskly until thoroughly combined.
- Combine celery, kidney beans and chickpeas in a large mixing bowl. Add dressing to salad and toss well to combine.
- Serve salad at room temperature.