If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Encouraging your 35 year old vegetable-averse boyfriend to eat spinach can take a village-or a handful of tangy blue cheese crumbles, some caramelized bosc pear and a drizzle of balsamic syrup. Spinach lovers rejoice and spinach haters, prepare to be converted. —[email protected]
Makes: 4 side dish portions
ounces bag of fresh baby spinach
tablespoons unsalted butter
ounces Danish Blue or Gorgonzola
Bosc pear, diced
tablespoons Balsamic glaze or Balsamic vinegar
pinches salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add 1 T butter to a non-stick pan and heat until it begins to foam but not brown
- Add diced pear and saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring to ensure that the diced fruit gets a hint of caramelization
- Remove diced pear and set aside. Add second tablespoon (or two) of butter and pile in the spinach slowly, allowing it to wilt and adding more as you make room in the pan
- Stir spinach for 3-5 minutes until all of it has wilted. Add salt and fresh pepper to taste while spinach is cooking down
- Turn the heat down on the pan and add the caramelized pears back in. Stir to distribute throughout the spinach
- Crumble blue cheese into the pan. Turn off heat and stir gently to incorporate the cheese and let the heat melt it a bit
- Spoon on to plates, drizzle with Balsamic syrup or vinegar and add Maldon salt and fresh pepper to taste