If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Sweet and Spicy Quick Pickled Veggies are the perfect zesty snack or accompaniment to your spring grilled meals. Plus, no cooking required! —Paige
Makes 2 quarts
- Jar sized vegetables — I used a mix of green beans, carrots, and Persian cucumber, but the sky's the limit!
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 6 large garlic cloves, halved
- 4-6 dried hot chiles, I used Arbol
- 10 sprigs of dill
- Pack vegetables into 2 clean 1-quart glass jars. In a bowl, combine the salt, sugar, vinegar, coriander, peppercorns, and garlic. Whisk until the salt and sugar dissolve. Add 2 cups of water and pour the brine over the vegetables. Tuck the chiles and dill between the vegetables. Tightly close the jars and refrigerate overnight or for up to 1 month. Alternatively, you could follow proper canning procedures to preserve them.