If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this soup, hot, warm or cold. It's mildly, intriguingly spiced and ever so slightly sweet with a "secret" ingredient - a green apple. —FamilyStyle Food
Serves 4 - 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cauliflower, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small potato. peeled and chopped
- 1 green apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons your favorite curry spice blend
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more for final seasoning
- Water or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch sugar - optional
- In a large saute pan, cook the onions in the oil over medium heat until softened and slightly golden in color.
- Add the cauliflower, potato, apple, curry and salt and stir-fry for a minute or two. Add enough water or vegetable stock to just cover the vegetables. Lower the heat slightly and cover the pan. Cook 10 -15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender when pierced.
- Let the mixture cool slightly before blending to a smooth puree in a blender or food processor, adding more liquid if necessary depending on how thick you want your soup. Add the creme fraiche and taste for seasoning, adding more salt or pinch of sugar to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe