If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Traditional spinach and ricotta cannelloni recipe —the cooking foodie
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon black pepper
grams tomato sauce
grams greted mozzarella
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil
- In a pan with olive oil fry minced garlic cloves for 1-2 minutes
- Add fresh spinach, cook 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. When cooled chop the spinach
- In a large bowl mix together ricotta, chopped spinach, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt, pepper and nutmeg
- When the water in the pot is boiling add the cannelloni. Cook for 6-7 minutes and transfer to cold water
- Heat oven to 180C/360f
- Transfer the filling into piping bag and fill all cannelloni tubes
- Pour 4-6 tbsp of tomato sauce into the base of large baking dish (~20*30cm/8*12in). Lay the tubes, side by side. On top pour the reminding tomato sauce. And cover all with grated mozzarella cheese
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 15 min, after 15 minutes remove the foil and bake 15 minutes more
- you can see full video recipe on my youtube channel: the cooking foodie. link in my profile