If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy brussel sprouts recipe with kimchi and pancetta. —JinJoo Lee
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts
- 3 ounces pancetta
- 1/2 cup napa cabbage kimchi, chopped
- 1 teaspoon gochujang
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- pinches sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cut brussels sprouts in 1/2 if they are big. If brussels sprouts are small, you can use them whole. Chop kimchi and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbs vegetable oil in an ovenproof pan on medium high heat on the stove. Sauté pancetta in oil for short time, about 1 minute.
- Add brussels sprouts to pan with pancetta -with cut side down. Season with salt and pepper. Because pancetta and kimchi are both salty, season lightly with salt (a little less than 1/8 tsp).
- Put pan with brussels sprouts and pancetta in oven and roast for 5 minutes.
- In the mean time, in a small frying pan add 1 tsp vegetable oil and sauté kimchi and gochujang for 2-3 minutes.
- After roasting brussels sprouts for 5 minutes (from step 4), take out pan from oven and add sauteed kimchi from 5 and toss everything together, coating brussels sprouts with oil. Sprinkle 1 tsp sugar and mix again.
- Put everything back in the oven and roast for another 15 minutes. This will produce soft brussel sprouts. For crunchier sprouts, reduce roasting time. Check doneness after 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and serve!!