Author Notes: Similar in execution as my Confetti Cauliflower, this is also a great appetizer, but more for the meateaters. It looks more pristine and not quite the center of attention...but oh! it has a lot of horseradish bite and a big dash of bacon flavors! —dymnyno
Serves: a little gathering
1 head of cauliflower
3 slices of bacon, cooked very crisp
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish(like Fred's)
1 tablespon finely chopped parsley
- Remove the leaves from the bottom of the cauliflower and set aside to use after the head is cooked.
- In a large pot , steam the cauliflower until tender (about 10 to 15 min) and cool
- Mix the sour cream with the horseradish sauce .
- "Frost" the cauliflower with the sour cream, covering the whole head.
- Place the head back into the bowl of leaves.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower with the finely chopped parsley and the crumbled bacon bits.
- Serve with a sliced baquette