If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An arugula salad with green lentils, smoked trout, cucumbers, avocado, chives, goat cheese, olive oil and lemon juice —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
- 1 cup green lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup white wine
- salt to taste
- 4 cups arugula (loose packed)
- 4 small persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 4 ounces smoked trout, crumbled
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped (dill works nicely here too)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 1 large lemon)
- freshly ground black pepper
- flaky sea salt
- Add lentils, broth and wine to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid, and simmer until lentils are tender, about 35-40 minutes. Drain and cool, then add salt to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled lentils, arugula, cucumbers, avocado, smoked trout, goat cheese, chives, olive oil, and lemon juice. Mix well, then divide between 4 plates and season with freshly ground black pepper and flaky sea salt. Alternately, you can make individual salads if you won’t be eating all four servings at once. For each salad, you’ll use about ⅔ cup lentils, 1 cup arugula, 1 persian cucumber, ¼ avocado, 1 oz smoked trout, ½ oz goat cheese, 1 Tbsp chives, 1 Tbsp olive oil, and ½ Tbsp lemon juice.