Author Notes: Move over green eggs and ham, purple soup is here to stay! Your kids will love this bright purple soup that is not only easy to make but very healthy, as well as low fat, dairy-free and vegetarian. They will be eating their veggies and giggling the entire time. —ChezUs
pounds purple cauliflower
3 - 4
cups veggie stock
tablespoons olive oil
kosher salt, to taste
good quality olive oil, garnish
ezpeletako bipera or smoked paprika, garnish
- Remove outer leaves of cauliflower. Wash and cut cauliflower into chunks.
- Cut shallots and garlic into medium sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan or dutch oven. Add shallots, cook over low heat, until soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower. Stir to coat with olive oil. Cook for about 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add stock and garlic. Bring to boil. Do not cover with a lid.
- Bring heat to a low simmer. Season to taste with salt.
- Cook until cauliflower is soft, about 25 - 35 minutes. It all depends on how large you cut the pieces of cauliflower.
- Remove from heat and let cool about 10 minutes. Puree in batches, using either a blender or food processor. Return to cooking pan.
- Gently reheat over low heat. If necessary season with a bit more salt.
- Ladle into serving bowl. Drizzle good quality olive oil over the top and sprinkle with ezpeletako bipera or smoked paprika.
- Serve. Eat.