Author Notes: If you want to beef up (pun-intended) your salad, add some steak! Topped with some homemade avocado-garlic dressing, and you have a healthy-fat-filled meal. —Alexa Federico
teaspoon sea salt
grape tomatoes, halved
tablespoons apple cider vinegar
cups spring mix lettuce
cup extra virgin olive oil
small clove of garlic
- Turn a stove burner on medium heat and cover with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pat dry steak and season with 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- When the pan is hot, add the steak and cook for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Let steak cool on a cutting board when finished.
- To prepare the dressing, add 1/2 the avocado, apple cider vinegar, 1/4 tsp sea salt, garlic, and EVOO to a blender or food processor and blend until the ingredients are well-mixed.
- Halve the grape tomatoes and dice the rest of the avocado and add evenly to each salad.
- Drizzle the dressing over each salad and enjoy!