If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Red bean, cabbage and macaroni soup is a rather typical Portuguese soup but I made some twists. This is a substancial soup that can perfectly be a main course. —Paula | my common table
- 3 tablespoons tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion (250g), diced
- 1 turnip (250g), diced
- 1 large carrot (150g), sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 260 grams (1 small can) cooked red beans
- 200 grams kale, cut into julienne
- 250 grams fresh ham tortellini
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and add the onion, turnip and carrot. Season with a pinch of salt and sauté for 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cumin and 1 liter of water, cover and, when boiling, cook for 20 minutes in medium-low heat.
- Cook the tortellini in salted water, according to the package directions.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add half the beans and puree using the hand blender. Add the rest of the beans and kale and cook for 6 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the salt if needed and season with freshly ground black pepper. Add the cooked tortellinis and serve hot.