If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Red bean, cabbage and macaroni soup is a rather typical Portuguese soup but I made some twists. This is a substancial soup that can perfectly be a main course. —Paula | my common table
tablespoons tablespoons virgin olive oil
large onion (250g), diced
turnip (250g), diced
large carrot (150g), sliced
teaspoon ground cumin
grams (1 small can) cooked red beans
grams kale, cut into julienne
grams fresh ham tortellini
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and add the onion, turnip and carrot. Season with a pinch of salt and sauté for 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cumin and 1 liter of water, cover and, when boiling, cook for 20 minutes in medium-low heat.
- Cook the tortellini in salted water, according to the package directions.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add half the beans and puree using the hand blender. Add the rest of the beans and kale and cook for 6 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the salt if needed and season with freshly ground black pepper. Add the cooked tortellinis and serve hot.