If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This yogurt dressing takes 5 minutes to make, can be assembled, shaken, and stored in a jar, and easily made thicker or thinner by adding more yogurt, or more oil. It can also be jazzed up in countless ways: fresh herbs, spices, roasted garlic, tahini, you name it! —EmilyC
Makes about 3/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- grated zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (150g)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl or jar, combine the shallots, lemon zest, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let the shallots macerate in the acid for about 5 minutes to relax their pungency. Add the yogurt and extra-virgin olive oil, and whisk to combine (or put a lid on your jar and shake). Adjust seasoning and acidity, to taste. Dressing keeps well (tightly covered in the fridge) for one week.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!