If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Vegetarian and gluten-free chipotle "pulled pork" jackfruit tacos with simple four ingredient guacamole and tangy lemon orange crema. Jackfruit is my favorite meat substitute! Its super fibrous and starchy flesh soaks up whatever flavor you want creating a delicious and flavorful vegetarian "meat" option. Jackfruit is definitely my hack to drool-worthy meatless dinner choices! —appetitesanonymous
Makes 8 tacos
- 2 (20 oz) cans young green jackfruit in brine; drained, rinsed, and shredded
- 1 lime, zested then juiced
- 1/2 cup canned chipotles in adobo sauce, pureed in a food processor
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- minced cilantro, garnish
simple guacamole and lemon orange crema
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded and flesh scooped out
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- healthy pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream (sub coconut yogurt if dairy free or vegan)
- zest of one lemon
- juice of half a large navel orange
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Make jackfruit "pulled pork": Add drained, rinsed, and shredded jackfruit to a large bowl with the lime zest, lime juice, chipotle puree, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix to coat the jackfruit completely. Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add jackfruit and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often.
- Make the simple guac: Add avocado flesh to a medium bowl, mash up slightly using a fork. Add lime juice, minced shallots, and minced cilantro to the bowl then stir to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Make the lemon orange crema: Add sour cream, lemon zest, orange juice, and sea salt to a small bowl. Whisk with a fork until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Prep and plate your tacos: Warm corn tortillas in the oven preheated to 350F for a couple minutes. Top with tortilla with a spoonful of chipotle jackfruit, a dollop of guac, a drizzle of lemon orange cream, and a sprinkle of minced cilantro. Devour amigos. I mean devour, amigos. Don't devour your amigos :)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique