If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the perfect weeknight meal. It comes together quickly and is easily adabtable based on what vegetables you have on hand. Chicken, of course, is optional! —Lkw1080
- 1 pound Skinless/boneless chicken breasts or thighs, sliced
- 3 cups Cooked farro
- 12 ounces Cremini mushrooms
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces on the diagonal
- 1.5 cups Red cabbage
- 1 cup Carrot, thinly sliced (I use a mandolin)
- 1 Leek, sliced and cleaned
- 1 tablespoon Toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon RIce wine vinegar (optional)
- Pepper, to taste
- Sesame seeds, crushed cashews, or peanuts (optional)
- Thinly Sliced scallions (optional)
- Heat 2 tsp sesame oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add the asparagus and stir fry until just slightly tender, or to your liking, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil if need be and a dash or 2 of soy sauce. Add chicken and cook until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside with the asparagus.
- Add remaining oil and remaining vegetables and stir fry.
- Then add the remaining soy sauce, and pepper. Once cooked, add rice wine vinegar and chicken and asparagus back in and combine.
- Taste and add additional soy sauce if need be.
- Plate and top with nuts/seeds and scallions, if using.