If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been making this recipe for years and it is often requested for potlucks. Brown sugar caramelizes best, but I've used honey and maple syrup more frequently, convincing myself it's healthier that way :) You can add sliced red or new potatoes as well. —riv
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch scallions, washed and cut into 1" pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup honey, brown sugar, or pure maple syrup
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Arrange sweet potatoes and scallions on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add garlic, honey, salt, pepper and olive to to vegetables on pan.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning, until sweet potatoes are very soft and caramelized and scallions are slightly charred.